"Fault Line"

"Fault Line"

Wednesday 28 September 2011

The head of John the Baptist


"Dammi qui, la testa di Giovanni Battista in un caricabatterie"

Detail




Hello again,
I have just now discovered that I do like pastels. Today I bought a pad of A3 size Black Daler Rowney heavy gauge paper ready to apply some acrylic on it, I also bought a new box of pastels, as the old pastels got contaminated with various colours...mostly black..haha.

I tried the pastels first on the Black sheet and the effect was very good..., I'm pleased with the end result, ..you may judge for yourself


The above pastel is based on "The Head of John the Baptist" sculpture which can be seen in the church of the Basilica Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri (Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and the Martyrs), in Rome.

I hope you like it

Take care,
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment